Now that the hot weather has hit, it’s important to maintain your car. Maintaining a car in the hot weather requires a little more thought and planning than other times of year, but nothing that’s too difficult.
How to Maintain Your Car This Summer
- Check Fluids– When the hot weather hits, it’s important to check the fluids in your car. This includes motor oil, brake fluid, windscreen washer and water. In particular, you should ensure that your car has enough coolant. Without coolant, you run the risk of the car overheating with the heat.
- Inspect All Belts and Hoses– It’s a good idea to have the belts and hoses looked at by a professional, as hot weather can cause problems. Heat can cause belts and hoses to crack and damage, which can make the car unsafe to drive. If any repairs are needed, Vulcan Motorscan take care of things.
- Test and Replace an Old Battery– Older batteriesstruggle during the hot weather, which is why it’s important to have it tested. If the battery is older or struggling to work well, you may want to consider replacing it. Though this is an initial cost, it is likely to be cheaper than dealing with a dead battery further down the line.
- Check the Tyre Pressure – Though you should always keep an eye on the tyre pressure, the hot weather can make existing problems worse. Check the tread and for any damage, replacing tyres as necessary.
- Organise an Emergency Car Kit – A lot of cars struggle in the hot weather and this makes breakdowns a lot more common. So, it’s a good idea to have an emergency kit in your car. Include items such as a torch, water, jump cables and a first aid kit. Though this will not help the car to perform any better, it will come in useful if you find yourself broken down and waiting for assistance.
Car Maintenance at Vulcan Motors
At Vulcan Motors, we’re on hand to help with car maintenance. Maintaining your car in the hot weather isn’t always easy, especially if you’re a new driver or someone who doesn’t have a lot of experience of driving in the summer. Luckily, you can count on us. With a range of motor services and a team of professionals, look no further than Vulcan Motors. To find out more, contact us today on 01252 870 818 or via the online contact form.
Our customer commitments
All members undergo an ongoing programme of rigorous quality and performance checking. As customers of a Bosch Car Service Code of Practice network garage, you’re assured of:
- You’re treated with fairness and respect
- Our billing is clear and uncomplicated
- Your work is carried out in a timely fashion
- We won't try to sell you unnecessary parts, services, or guarantees
- If you have a complaint, it will be dealt with fairly and quickly
- We always use like-for-like quality parts
- Repairs will be conducted in line with manufacturers’ recommendations
- When we promote or advertise ourselves, we will be honest and truthful
If you feel let down in any way, you can appeal to the Bosch Car Service Code of Practice network adjudication panel for further help. As members of the network, we’re bound to follow any rulings laid down.
Monday - Friday: 8AM - 5:30pm
Saturdays: 9AM - 1pm
Female friendly – Foxy Lady approved
The Foxy Lady female friendly network of approved garages and car dealers ensures that its member “never overcharge, patronise, or sell women services they don’t need”.
Foxy Lady’s nationwide team of inspectors monitor standards and compliance through member feedback. In 2015, the Foxy Lady network received the “Outstanding Contribution to the Motor Industry” award.
How do I book my vehicle in?
Call us on 01252 870 818 or, if you’re passing, pop in, say hello, and book a date and a time to suit you.