Of all the lights that can blink on your dashboard, the engine management is the most worrying and the most mysterious. It can cover dozens of different faults and it needs a skilled mechanic to get into your engine and diagnose all of the problems.
The engine management light, if it’s green, can indicate a problem in one or more of the following areas –
- your emissions
- your petrol filler cap is loose or faulty (really pushes the cost of driving up as your car begins to drink petrol or diesel)
- your catalytic converter
- your mass airflow sensor is malfunctioning
- spark plugs
- ignition system
- diesel particulate filter isn’t working properly
- there’s a leak on your vacuum hose
The list goes on and it takes real knowledge of a vehicle and a time-served mechanic to work through each potential issue and eliminate them one by one until the cause or causes are found.
If your engine management light is red, you must not drive the car anymore. Call a breakdown recovery service.
If your engine management light is flashing green, even intermittently, bring it to Vulcan Motors immediately and let our team work on finding and resolving the problem without delay.
Our customer commitments
All members undergo an ongoing programme of rigorous quality and performance checking. As customers of a Bosch Car Service Code of Practice network garage, you’re assured of:
- You’re treated with fairness and respect
- Our billing is clear and uncomplicated
- Your work is carried out in a timely fashion
- We won't try to sell you unnecessary parts, services, or guarantees
- If you have a complaint, it will be dealt with fairly and quickly
- We always use like-for-like quality parts
- Repairs will be conducted in line with manufacturers’ recommendations
- When we promote or advertise ourselves, we will be honest and truthful
If you feel let down in any way, you can appeal to the Bosch Car Service Code of Practice network adjudication panel for further help. As members of the network, we’re bound to follow any rulings laid down.
Monday - Friday: 8AM - 5:30pm
Saturdays: 9AM - 1pm
Female friendly – Foxy Lady approved
The Foxy Lady female friendly network of approved garages and car dealers ensures that its member “never overcharge, patronise, or sell women services they don’t need”.
Foxy Lady’s nationwide team of inspectors monitor standards and compliance through member feedback. In 2015, the Foxy Lady network received the “Outstanding Contribution to the Motor Industry” award.
How do I book my vehicle in?
Call us on 01252 870 818 or, if you’re passing, pop in, say hello, and book a date and a time to suit you.